Ezcaray is a charming town, a perfect place for leisure and rest. We could say that one of the most beautiful towns in La Rioja. Located in the foothills of the Sierra de la Demanda, thanks to this, Ezcaray is surrounded by mountains, beech forests, and the Oja river that gives its name to the La Rioja region.
It is a perfect destination to visit at any time of the year, but in summer it has a special touch thanks to its good weather, its landscape, its old town, its facility to practice various sports and activities of all kinds and for all audiences, and of course its gastronomy. Its climate makes the days warm but pleasant and the nights cool.
The town has a great offer of hotels and apartments, and it preserves a historic center with old, picturesque houses, large houses, palaces and squares full of bars, restaurants and entertainment.
Despite this new normal caused by COVID, ‘Ezcaray. Safe destination ‘with all health guarantees‘.
Te contamos algunos planes que puedes hacer en nuestra Villa
- Stroll along the Oja river, which has a large green area to play, sunbathe, and if the river still carries water, you can bathe.
- Have vermouth and some wines any day of the week accompanied by some good pinchos or portions. Taste the best of traditional and avant-garde gastronomy.
- Take a walk to the hermitage of the Virgen de Allende.
- Prepare a picnic and walk to the Llano de La casa.
- Go to San Lorenzo
- If you go at the beginning of August you will be able to enjoy the famous “Tears of San Lorenzo”, a beautiful shower of shooting stars that can be seen very well from the highest areas.
- Where years ago the train used to pass and linked Haro with Ezcaray, now there is a 28 km path, “the Greenway of the Oja River”, which allows you to take a long walk or bike ride with incredible landscapes.
- Practice various sports, for this you can count on professionals to take you on incredible routes.